Recently, Microsoft has launched a new platform particularly for the Business purposes, particularly known as the Skype for Business. This new form of Skype i.e. skype business version provides such features to its users that enable them to use Skype more efficiently. The new and improved features of Skype for Business include Internet Messaging, Audio and Video Calls, Online Meetings, Data sharing facilities and much more. Business in long distance has been way more convenient after the introduction of Skype Business. Likewise, the article also deals with the ways in which you can install Skype used for Business purpose, login and utilize the various features provided by Skype Business and the devices that support Skype Business.
How to use Skype for Business
In order to use it, you will first have to create an account after you finished downloading Skype. But, in case you still haven’t downloaded Skype in your system and are completely clueless about the Skype for Business Web App, we’re here to help you.
Skype for Business Client Download
- First, go to the site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49440, you can also click on the link mentioned in order to get automatically redirected. On the page, you can see a huge Download Button (red-box).
- Once you have downloaded, save the lyncentry.msi program on your PC or laptop hard disk.
- On your desktop, double-click the Skype icon and hit/install button.
- Then follow the instructions provided on your screen to complete the entire process.
Skype application for business will then be downloaded on your computer successfully!
Once you have installed Skype application for Business, you must necessarily login to it for getting access to its services. However, you do not have to create a new account in Skype for Business Login as it works on your previously made initial Skype Email Address and Password. So for logging in to Skype for business all you have to do is enter your pre-created email address and password in the login form, hit the login button and you can then easily have access to Skype features and services.
Skype for business Features
- Enhanced Presence Support: The program is supportable on various websites such as the Skype for business iPhone, windows, Mac and much more. The features that are included in the enhance presence support category are
Publish and view status
View status based on calendar i.e. in order to know if the user is free or busy on any particular given date.
— Add custom location
— Add custom notes
— Use photos from any publish sites for My Pictures.
- Contact Support: In this major feature you can include various sub-features like
— Modify contact list
— Tag contacts for status change alerts
— Control privacy relations
— Search Corporate address book
— Search Microsoft outlook contacts
— Manage Contact groups
- IM support: Skype for business also facilitates with the Instant Message Support. You can further utilize the following features such as
Initiate IM with a contact
Navigate Multiple IM contacts and track IM contacts
Log IM conversations in Outlook
- And apart from all these, you can also search Skype for business news i.e. online news will be published for all those business enthusiasts who can utilize the information and use it for good!